Friday, January 30, 2015

A Letter To My Body

Dear Body,
I'm so sorry.
I'm sorry for treating you like something that is disposable.
I'm sorry for all the late nights, and early mornings.
I'm sorry for the times I made you purge 30+ times a day.
I'm sorry for hating you beyond words.
I'm sorry for not loving you and appreciating you.
I'm sorry for all the harsh words and thoughts about you.
I'm sorry for all the cuts, punches, and burns you had to endure.
But most of all, I'm sorry for making you feel like you aren't beautiful.

So, Body, I wanted to thank you.

Thank you for being MY body.
Thank you for providing me with energy to conquer my days.
Thank you for allowing me to do the things I love.
Thank you for having a HOT ASS BOOTY!
Thank you for bouncing back from any horrible thing I did to you.
Thank you for being so beautiful.
Thank you for never giving up on me.
Thank you for being the only body I will ever have.

Love,
Me.


I think it's easy for all of us to forget just how lucky we are to have the bodies that we do. We put so much stress on our bodies and never take time to relax, and give ourselves a break. We only get one, amazing, beautiful body. And that one body does SO much for us.
Its amazing to think how the body can heal itself, and survive crazy 12 hour work days on 4 hours of sleep.
I think my body is pretty damn awesome if  I do say so myself.
Take time to thank your body and really think about how you are treating it.
It's your best friend, your constant companion.
It deserves to be thanked,


Have a good day!

-Lela

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I've been struggling with comparing my body to other girl's bodies. But I realized it isn't doing anything for me except making me hate my own skin, the skin God blessed me with. Lela you are absolutely gorgeous and incredibly smart. Keep being YOU!

    ReplyDelete