Friday, January 23, 2015

I Am Wonderful

So this past week I have been working on having more positive thoughts.
Easy enough, right?
HELL TO THE NAW.
Not only was I having negative thoughts about myself, but other people as well.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
You can say that you don't judge people.
But that's a load of crap.
We all do, even if we don't mean to. 
Like I've said before, life sucks. We shouldn't make it harder for anyone.

I started doing this thing when I'm getting ready.
I look in the mirror and say:
"You are beautiful.
 You are loved.
  You are wonderful
And you are a complete bad ass."

You may think I'm kidding. But I really do.
I felt like a crazy person when I first did this.
But then, amazingly,
IT STARTED WORKING.

Now when I repeat this chant to myself,
I truly feel it.
I want to stand on the roof and scream it to my neighbors.
Well not really.
Heights are scary.
BUT STILL.

I used to seek this feeling from other people through physical interaction or empty, meaningless conversation.
Being able to love yourself has to be the best feeling.
I strive for it.
I crave it.
And I will do whatever I can to stay strong and kick my eating disorder's sorry ass to the curb.

"Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars, seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing, it's okay not to be okay." 
-Jessie J

Love yo self, you pretty people.

-Lela 

No comments:

Post a Comment